Get Your News Here! Check the NEWS or SIGN UP for emailed news and check out our SOCIAL MEDIA.
Read more about SNOW REMOVAL, including the Adverse Weather Map.
For Town of Chapel Hill EMPLOYEES – Adverse Weather Flier and Adverse Weather Policy
UNC Department of Public Safety Adverse Weather Transportation and Parking Information
- Duke Energy Carolinas
Report a power outage: 1-800-PowerOn (English) or 1-866-4-APAGON (Spanish).
- Piedmont Electric
www.pemc.org or 800-222-3107
- PSNC Energy
www.psncenergy.com or 877-776-2427
919-968-4421 or www.owasa.org or email@example.com
Do you live in a floodplain?
If you live in a floodplain or an area that floods, purchase flood insurance! Homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage. There is a 30-day waiting period from the time an insurance policy is purchased to when it actually goes into effect. Renters can purchase affordable flood insurance for personal contents only. For more information and cost, contact your insurance agent or go to www.floodsmart.gov.
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools: 919-9627-8211 or www.chccs.k12.nc.us
- Orange County Schools: 919-732-8126 or www.orange.k12.nc.us
Resources in Orange County
- Chapel Hill: 919-968-2743 or www.townofchapelhill.org
- Carrboro: 919-942-8541 or www.townofcarrboro.org
- Hillsborough: 919-732-1270 or www.ci.hillsborough.nc.us
- Orange County Emergency Services: 919-245-6100 or during emergencies 919-245-6111
www.readyorange.org and www.twitter.com/ocncemergency
- Orange County Health Department: 919-245-2400 or www.orangecountync.gov/health
UNC-Chapel Hill: 919-962-2211 or www.unc.edu or 843-1234 (Weather Hotline) or alertcarolina.unc.edu
American Red Cross
State and National Resources
- Ready North Carolina: www.readync.org
- OR in Spanish: www.listonc.org
- National Weather Service: www.erh.noaa.gov/rah
OR in Spanish: www.erh.noaa.gov/rah/espanol
Emergency Notification System
The Town of Chapel Hill has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the Town in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as boil-water, missing child or evacuation notices).
Residents are able to input an unlisted number, cell phone number, or other secondary phone number into the system for contact during an emergency situation. To enter your number into the system, please visit the Town of Chapel Hill Residential Data Update Page.