Community Conversations about the Chapel Hill Police Department (PDF)
Report compiled by the Justice in Action Committee
The mission of the Justice in Action Committee is:
“To adequately and effectively reflect the Town of Chapel Hill’s integrity and commitment to preserving racial, economic, and social justice within the community.”
We fulfill this mission by:
- GIVING VOICE to issues and concerns regarding race and power in Chapel Hill and the surrounding community
- EDUCATING the Chapel Hill community through workshops, seminars, and by developing resource materials related to issues of racism, diversity and inclusiveness for the Town of Chapel Hill
- EMPOWERING all ethnic groups by advocating and voicing support for initiatives designed to stimulate economic and social equality amongst the greater community
- ADVISE Town Council on various ways to foster a more racially inclusive community
- SERVING as liaisons to the Town Council, we seek to monitor and evaluate racial inclusiveness on all levels of life in Chapel Hill
- The Committee will coordinate its work with Town staff, the Library Board of Trustees, the Museum Board of Directors and the Orange County Human Rights and Relations Commission and others as deemed appropriate
The Justice in Action Committee meets at 6:00 pm on the First Thursday of each month at the Chapel Hill Public Library located at 100 Library Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27514. Review the most recent agenda online.
|Name||Term Expires: June 30|
|Cynthia Waszak Geary||2015|
|Phillip Zoltan Brown||2015|
|Donna Bell||[Council Liaison]|
|Lee Storrow||[Council Liaison]|
|Jeff Clark||[Staff Liaison]|
The Justice in Action Committee is composed of one or more Town Council members, citizens and others as determined by the Council.Vacancies
There are currently vacancies on this committee.
If you are interested in applying for a Town vacancy, you may do so by printing an application form and returning it by email to email@example.com or by fax at 919-967-8406. You may also contact the Town Clerk at 919-968-2757 for an application form.
The deadline for submitting an application form is noon on Monday prior to a Council Business meeting when appointments are scheduled. Applications received after the deadline will be held until the next opportunity for the Council to consider the appointment.Enabling Legislation