- Police seek missing person
Help us locate Nakia Mosley.
11/21/2014 2:28 PMdetail
- Pedestrian struck in crosswalk, driver charged.
At 11:47 Nov. 13, the Police Department responded to a report of a pedestrian that had been struck by a vehicle at 1520 East Franklin Street.
11/13/2014 3:45 PMdetail
- Continued Efforts to Make It Safer for Cyclists and Pedestrians
Public works teams are painting green sharrow boxes in areas marked as high-risk for bicycle traffic.
11/12/2014 5:24 PMdetail
- Pedestrians Struck by Motorist on W. Franklin Street
On Thursday at approximately 11 p.m., the Chapel Hill Police Department responded to a reported traffic accident involving two pedestrians on W. Franklin St.
11/07/2014 9:04 AMdetail
- Homegrown Halloween Statistics
Halloween on Franklin Street drew a peak crowd of approximately 32,000 people.
11/01/2014 2:06 AMdetail
- Police Raise Awareness about Pedestrian and Cyclist Safety
Drive with care and pay attention when walking or biking.
10/27/2014 4:20 PMdetail
- Friday Halloween on Franklin Street
Franklin Street will close from 9 p.m. to midnight Friday, Oct. 31, in anticipation of crowds.
10/21/2014 5:31 PMdetail
- Road Closures on West Franklin and Church Streets Oct. 18 for Tar Heel Downtown
TAR HEEL DOWNTOWN is bringing the Carolina game day spirit to the heart of downtown Chapel Hill from 3 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 18
10/17/2014 11:41 PMdetail
- Chapel Hill to Enforce Towing Rules
Towing rules – including new requirements for additional signage at lots that tow vehicles – are once again enforceable in Chapel Hill.
10/17/2014 11:37 PMdetail
- Chapel Hill Addresses Cyclist and Pedestrian Safety Improvements
Chapel Hill residents will begin to see immediate action steps this month targeted to improve bicyclist and pedestrian safety.
10/17/2014 10:46 PMdetail
- Police Investigate Cyclist Fatality Collision
- Police Conduct Death Investigation
On Tuesday, Oct. 14, at approximately 4:28 p.m., the Chapel Hill Police Department responded to a report of a deceased person in the parking lot at 300 E. Rosemary St.
- Lane Closed on Fordham Boulevard at Estes Drive
One northbound lane of Fordham Boulevard at Estes Drive is closed due to a broken water main.
- Update on Hit and Run Investigation
- Shred-a-Thon on Oct. 23
Bring your confidential documents to the Shred-A-Thon to be shredded and recycled from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 23.
- Traffic Being Diverted on W. Rosemary and W. Franklin Streets
Chapel Hill Police are currently diverting westbound traffic on W. Rosemary and W. Franklin streets away from Carrboro.
- Pedestrian Struck in Hit and Run
At 3:37 a.m. Monday, Sept. 29, Chapel Hill Police officers responded to the report of a pedestrian that had been apparently struck by a vehicle near the intersection of US Hwy 15-501 and East Lakeview Drive.
- Community Question and Answer Session with Police Chief Chris Blue Oct. 4
At 2 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 4, Chapel Hill Police Chief Chris Blue will hold a question and answer session in Meeting Room B at the CH Public Library.
- Good Neighbor Initative Neighborhood Night Out and Block Party
The Good Neighbor Initiative Neighborhood Night Out and Block Party will begin at 5 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 9, at the Hargraves Center.
- Missing Person